Double turn laminar sealing rings “FK6 ASKD” are used as a grease seal for roller and plain bearings and they protect, if greased, against grease leakage as well as against dust, dirt and splash water ingress, especially if the sealing requirements are high. Due to the increased labyrinth effect, the sealing effect is optimized by the additional sealing of the groove base diameter.
The “FK6 ASD” or “FK6 ASKD” assemblies are normally preferred over the “FK6 ISD” or “FK6 ISKD” assemblies due to their easier installation into the grooves. Depending on the applications or the technical requirements, the double turn laminar sealing ring carriers can be manufactured from steel, cast iron, light alloy or plastics.
Advantages of double turn laminar sealing ring
- The laminar sealing ring can adapt to the pressure and temperature of different working environments, and has good sealing performance within the specified range, and the user can also adjust the sealing performance of the sealing ring appropriately according to the actual use situation.
- The laminar sealing ring has a stable friction coefficient. The friction between the device protected by the laminar sealing ring and the moving parts should be kept as small as possible and kept within the specified range, which is critical to prolong the service life of the equipment and prevent the equipment from being damaged.
- The laminar sealing ring has good corrosion resistance. Generally, in the use environment of laminar sealing ring, it is difficult to avoid some chemical reactions of gas and liquid. The good corrosion resistance of laminar sealing ring enables it to maintain a long service life and delay the speed of aging.
- Strong wear resistance, under long-term work and high-intensity pressure, the friction consumption is very small, and it has good working quality.
- The laminar sealing ring has a simple structure, which is convenient in use, maintenance and replacement, which also improves its service life to a certain extent.
Double turn laminar sealing ring is a metal labyrinth seal consisting of multiple rings in a groove. This arrangement of rings and the particular orientation of the rings depends on the severity of the application and environment.
Seal assembly components from contamination;
Various configurations are available;
Made of metal, not rubber, neoprene or other non-metallic materials;
Able to withstand high temperatures and corrosive environments.
The choice of sealing ring material is of great significance to its sealing performance and service life. The performance of the material directly affects the performance of the sealing ring.
Performance of double turn laminar sealing ring
In addition to the general requirements for sealing ring materials, the double turn laminar sealing ring should also pay attention to the following conditions:
- High elasticity and resilience;
- Appropriate mechanical strength, including expansion strength, elongation and tear strength, etc.
- The performance is stable, it is not easy to swell in the medium, and the heat shrinkage effect (Joule effect) is small.
- It is easy to process and shape, and can maintain precise dimensions.
- Do not corrode the contact surface, do not pollute the medium, etc.
Precautions for double turn laminar sealing ring
- Clean the installation location;
- Remove the burrs during the installation and movement of the seal;
- Apply lubricant to the seal;
- Protect the sealing surface from damage;
- Check to confirm that the size of the seal is correct;
- Use corresponding tools to install the seals that need to be deformed.
Application range of double turn laminar sealing ring
Hardware and plastics, water supply and drainage, HVAC, fire protection, pharmaceuticals, ships, and other piping systems, automobiles, motorcycles, various machinery, household appliances, electronics, toys, sports equipment, pneumatic components and bathrooms, etc.