Wave Spring Washer is a kind of spring washer, which is different from flat washer, so we should pay attention to distinguish between wave washer and flat washer in use. Otherwise, it may bring us unnecessary trouble in use.
Wave spring washer, also known as wave spring, is now a more common type of washer. When the load is static or the working range is small and the axial space is limited, the wave washer is an ideal choice for obtaining the load. Because of its unique characteristics, it is deeply loved by the public.
The role of wave spring washers
- The function of the wave spring washer is that after the nut is tightened, the spring washer will give the nut an elastic force and press the nut so that it is not easy to fall off. The basic function of the spring is to give a force to the nut after the nut is tightened, increasing the friction between the nut and the bolt.
- The use of wave spring washers generally does not require flat washers (except when it is necessary to protect the surface of the fastener and the mounting surface, the use of flat washers and spring washers is considered).
- Flat pads are generally used in connectors, one of which is soft and the other is hard and brittle. Its main function is to increase the contact area, disperse the pressure, and prevent the soft texture from being crushed.
Advantages of wave spring washers:
- The spring washer has a good anti-loosening effect;
- The spring washer has better anti-vibration effect;
- Low manufacturing cost;
- Easy to install.
How to choose a flat washer?
The flat washer is used as a part to prevent the bolt and nut from locking. Flat washers are used wherever fasteners are used. How to choose a suitable flat washer? A flat washer is a type of flat washer, which mainly increases the contact area between screws and some large equipment and tightens it. When using a flat washer, it is often suitable for nuts and nuts to be used in conjunction with each other. The time must be in the most effective sealing time, have the necessary important characteristics:
- In the case of relatively harsh environment, the flat gasket should be sealed. When a certain temperature and pressure are in operation, it is not easy to leak.
- When the flat gasket is connected to the contact surface, it is necessary to better ensure the sealing, just like the good effect.
- Under the influence of temperature when the gasket is under pressure, the anti-wrinkle ability is better, otherwise the screw will be damaged, and there will be hard gas leakage.
- Do not get infected when using the flat pad.
- The use of flat pads can be well disassembled. This is the biggest role of choosing flat pads.
- Remember to ensure normal use at the relative temperature when using the flat pad.
In the actual use process, due to the different emphasis of the flat washer and the spring washer, in many occasions, the two are matched with each other and used together, which also has the advantages of protecting the parts, preventing the loosening of the nut and reducing the vibration, which is great. s Choice.
The difference between wave spring washer and ordinary washer:
The elasticity of the ordinary spring washer is relatively large, and the anti-loose effect is obvious and reliable by its large elastic force and the friction force of the oblique opening. It is used for the anti-loosening occasion of the mechanical structure of the channel. The wave spring washer presses the connected parts by its elastic deformation to prevent loosening, the wave washer has a small elastic force, and the force is uniform, and the surface of the connected parts is not damaged. It is usually dedicated to occasions where general anti-loosening is required. For example, this type of washer is used to prevent the link between the two blades of hair clippers from loosening.
Overview of wave spring washers:
Generally, the thickness of the wave washer is between 0.5 ~ 2mm, and it is made of 65Mn or other materials with elastic characteristics such as stainless steel. In the feeding mechanism, in order to make the wave washer provide an equal number of wave washers to the pick-up position each time within a certain time interval, the transmission mode of the stepping motor is selected in the design to complete the feeding process.
Wave Spring Washers typically weigh around a few grams, so a smaller vacuum ejector can pick them up. However, here, it is generally recommended to use a slightly larger vacuum generator. Since the contact area of the wave washer is small, generally about 2-3 mm in diameter, the suction cup of this specification has a small ventilation volume, and the suction point is not flat, so the suction force generated will be very small, and it will be caused by vibration and other reasons during the transfer process. To cause it to fall, choose a larger type of vacuum generator, even if there is a suction cup, it will be sucked up and will not fall off. For this reason, in the process of monitoring the transfer of the washer, the optical fiber and other methods are used alone, instead of the vacuum generator switch.
The wave spring washer is heat-treated by a specific method and according to the specific situation, the hardness is generally controlled between HRC44-55, the surface is black, and has good elasticity. It is widely used in motors, textile machinery, hydraulic equipment, automobiles and other industries. It is mainly installed in bearing chambers or holes suitable for specifications (nominal size), with small installation space and special functions of reducing noise and vibration.
The fixation of the parts on the shaft of the wave spring washer is divided into axial fixation and circumferential fixation. The axial fixation methods include: shoulder or collar fixation, shaft end retaining ring or conical surface fixation, shaft sleeve fixation, round nut fixation, and elastic retaining ring fixation. The retaining ring mainly plays the role of axial fixation, in which the conical surface and the retaining ring are fixed with a high degree of centering.
Anti-loosening principle of wave spring waher: The anti-loosening principle of spring washer is that after the spring washer is flattened, the spring washer will generate a continuous elastic force, so that the threaded connection pair of the nut and the bolt will continue to maintain a frictional force, generating a resistance torque, preventing nuts are loose. At the same time, the sharp corners at the opening of the spring washer are respectively embedded in the surface of the bolt and the connected part, thereby preventing the bolt from rotating relative to the connected part.
Lisheng wave springs mainly include single turn gap wave spring washer and multi turn wave springs, among which the multi turn wave spring is also called multi turn wave washer, which is a ring with multiple layers of metal sheets and each ring has multiple layers. A peak and valley elastic metal element, usually used in spacecraft, bearings, flow valves, pressure valves, clutches, vibration isolators, axial piston pumps, drives and other equipment. If you are interested in our products, please contact us as soon as possible.