Wave Springs are a type of compression spring that is designed to offer a superior load-deflection performance, a reduction in spring height and a greater range of force for a given volume of space in comparison to traditional coil springs. This makes Wave Springs the perfect solution for applications that require a compact projeto while still being able to handle high loads.
Advantages of Wave Springs
- Smaller construction – Wave Springs require significantly less space than regular helical compression springs, as much as 50% less in some cases.
- Improved loading – Wave Springs can handle higher load rates than regular helical compression springs.
- Constant rate – Wave springs guarantee a constant rate of loading, which helps reduce spring load changes due to environmental factors.
- No maintenance required – Wave Springs are extremely reliable and do not require any maintenance.
Applications for Wave Springs
Wave Springs are used in a variety of applications, including:
- Valve assemblies
- Hydraulic pistons
- Compressor drives
- Latches and hinges
- Parts of pumps and motors
- O-ring seals
Wave Springs are also popular in electronics and medical equipment, as they are able to provide engineers with the exact compression force needed for sensitive components.
Wave Springs offer a superior solution for applications requiring a compact design with high load capabilities. They are reliable, require no maintenance and are used in a variety of applications. If you are looking for a spring solution that offers a small form factor and high load capabilities, Wave Springs are the perfect solution.