Wave springs are a type of pre-stressed wave-shaped compression springs often used in a variety of industries and applications. They are a great choice when a spring’s specifications for forces, loads, and life are highly important. Wave springs can provide superior performance in terms of speed, accuracy, and life as compared to other types of springs.
Benefits of Wave Springs
- High Force and Low Space: Wave springs are designed with a uniform distribution of force, allowing for a smaller space required for installation and the ability to generate higher forces than other types of compression springs in the same space.
- Durability: The wave shape of wave springs provides a sturdier construction than other springs, and they are highly resistant to damage, fatigue, and other environmental conditions.
- Cost Savings: Using wave springs can help save time and money by eliminating extra assembly steps and components. This is due to their ability to replace multiple springs in one spring set.
Streamlining Assembly and Manufacturing Processes with Wave Springs
Wave springs can help streamline assembly and manufacturing processes in several significant ways.
- Reduced Conception Time and Costs: Wave springs can replace multiple individual components, reducing design time and costs associated with the additional components.
- Reduce Assembly Time and Cost: By replacing multiple components, wave springs can greatly reduce assembly time and cost, as only one spring is needed for the entire assembly.
- Reduced Weight and Size: Wave springs can reduce weight and size of assembled parts, making them easier to transport and handle.
- No Leakage: Wave springs produce no static pressure and can maintain a vacuum seal due to the wave-like design, resulting in no leakage of gas or liquid.
In summary, wave springs offer a wide range of benefits that cannot be achieved by traditional types of compression springs. Wave springs are highly efficient, cost-effective, and can help reduce design and assembly time, saving you money in the process.